Our teaching staff is dedicated to make the ELC program a positive learning experience for preschoolers. Our classrooms are arranged in play-learning centers, and children are able to make choices and participate in small group activities. By using the Christian-based curriculum “WEE Learn,” we are promoting hands-on experiences that are meaningful to the young child.
- Bible stories – told daily in class
- Dramatic play – homeliving center, dolls, dress-up, puppets, blocks, transportation toys, and outdoor play
- Creative Arts – painting, coloring, pasting, cutting and modeling with clay
- Health and Safety – basic health practices, safety and nutrition
- Music – singing, action rhythm movement, music appreciation, rhythm band instruments and exercise
- Language Arts – stories, finger plays, poetry, nursery rhymes – pre-reading activities such as sequencing events, reading to children, labeling objects in the environment – pre-writing activities such as tracing, coloring, dictating stories
- Number Readiness – recognizing geometric shapes, concepts of sorting and comparison
- Science and Nature – nature study and seasonal experiences concerning God’s world.
- Physical Fitness – games in organized and supervised play; both indoors and outdoors.